Although Thanksgiving is mostly about spending time with family and friends, the delicious foods served on this holiday are definitely something we all look forward to. And despite turkey’s role as the main course on most Thanksgiving tables around the country, many of us have favorite side dishes that we simply can’t enjoy the holiday without.
This crunchy top sweet potato casserole recipe is one of those dishes. If you don’t already serve this mouth-watering side on Thanksgiving, you’ll want to make it a holiday tradition after enjoying just one spoonful. Even better, the recipe is so simple and quick, you can cook it inside your small RV kitchen.
Crunchy Top Sweet Potato Casserole
What You’ll Need:
- 2 (2 pounds 8 ounces) cans yams, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes cereal
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Beat all of the above ingredients with a mixer, and pour the combination into a 9 by 13-inch greased baking pan.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir all of the ingredients for the topping together.
- Bake just the casserole (without the topping) for roughly 40 minutes or until it is hot all the way through.
- Pour the topping on the casserole and put it back in the oven to bake for 15 minutes longer or until the top of the casserole is lightly browned.
Start Your Holiday RV Season at Lazydays
Just because you’ll be traveling in your RV this holiday season, doesn’t mean you need to miss out on your favorite holiday traditions. Whether you’re looking to upgrade to an RV with a more spacious living area and kitchen for family time together or just want to make a few simple modifications to your existing RV, Lazydays is your one-stop RV shop in Tampa and Tucson.